PARTS I. & II.
Price Five Shillings.
LONDON & NEW YORK
NOVELLO, EWER AND CO.
J. MASTERS & CO., 78, NEW BOND STREET.
N.B.—In connection with the Hymnal Noted, are published :—
1. The ACCOMPANYING HARMONIES ; for the use of
Organists and Choirs.
2. The WORDS OF THE HYMNAL NOTED.
The first part of the Hymnal Noted is complete in itself, and
embraces the whole course of the Church’s year.
The second part contains additional Hymns, for the sake of
greater fulness and variety.
These two parts are combined in the complete edition, in the
proper sequence for the whole course of the Church’s year.
Published under the sanction of the Ecclesiologioal (late
Cambridge Camden) Society.
The Evening Hymns on Festivals are put before the
Morning Hymns, because, like the Collects, they are said at
the Evensong of the day before, as well as on the day itself
(except when otherwise marked).
1. O Lux Beata Trinitas – Saturday Evening Hymn
2. Somno Refectis Artubus – Sunday Morning Hymn from the first Sunday after Epiphany till Lent, and from the first Sunday after Trinity till Advent.
3. Primo Dierum Omnium – Sunday Morning Hymn from the first Sunday after Epiphany till Lent, and from the first Sunday after Trinity till Advent.
4. Jam Lucis Orto Sidere – Morning Hymn (at Early Service)
5. Nunc Sancte Nobis Spiritus – Morning Hymn (at the Third Hour)
6. Rector Potens, Verax Deus – Hymn for Mid Day
7. Rerum Deus Tenax Vigor – Hymn for the Afternoon
8. Lucis Creator Optime – Sunday Evening Hymn
9. Te Lucis Ante Terminum – Evening Hymn
10. Conditor Alme Siderum – Evening Hymn in Advent
11. Verbum Supernum Prodiens – Morning Hymn in Advent
12. Veni Redemptor Gentium – Evening Hymn from Christmas-Eve to the Epiphany
13. Christe Redemptor Omnium – Morning Hymn for Christmas
14. A Solis Ortus Cardine – Morning Hymn for Christmas
15. Sancte Dei Pretiose – For Festival of S. Stephen
16. Salvete Flores Martyrum – Evening Hymn for the Feast of the Holy Innocents
17. Hostis Herodes Impie – Evening Hymn for the Epiphany and the following week
18. Jesu Dulcis Memoria – Morning Hymn for the Epiphany and following week (also for August 7th)
19. Ecce Tempus Idoneum – Evening Hymn in Lent
20. Audi, Benigne Conditor – Morning Hymn in Lent
21. Jesu Quadrigenariae – Morning Hymn in Lent
22. Vexilla Regis Prodeunt – Evening Hymn (From the fifth Sunday in Lent till Wednesday in Holy Week, inclusive)
23. Pange, Lingua, Gloriosi Praelium – Morning Hymn, from Passion Sunday (5th Sunday in Lent) till Maundy Thursday, inclusive
24. Lustra Sex – Morning Hymn, from Passion Sunday (5th Sunday in Lent) till Maundy Thursday, inclusive
25. Chorus Novae Hierusalem – Saturday Evening Hymn from Easter-Eve till Ascension Day
26. Aurora Lucis Rutilat – Morning Hymn in Eastertide till Ascension Day
27. Sermone Blando Angelus – Morning Hymn in Eastertide till Ascension Day
28. Victimae Paschali – Hymn for the Holy Communion on Easter Day, and till the next Sunday inclusive
29. Ad Coenam Agni Providi – Evening Hymn in Eastertide till Ascension Day
30. Jesu Salvator Saeculi – Hymn at night (instead of Te lucis) in Eastertide till Ascension Day
31. Eterne Rex Altissime – Evening Hymn, from the Vigil of Ascension Day till Whit-Sunday
32. Jesu Nostra Redemptio – Morning Hymn, (and at Night, instead of Te Lucis,) from Ascension-Day to Whit-Sunday
33. Beata Nobis Gaudia – Evening Hymn, for Whit-Sunday and the following week.
34. Veni Creator Spiritus – Evening Hymn from Whitsun-eve till the Friday in Whitsun-week, inclusive: also, during the same time a Morning Hymn for the Third Hour.
35. Adesto, Sancta Trinitas – Evening and Morning Hymn, from the Vigil of Trinity-Sunday throughout the week.
36. Eterna Christi Munera – Morning Hymn for the Festivals of Apostles.
37. Tristes Erant Apostoli – Morning Hymn for the Festival of Apostles in Eastertide.
38. Claro Paschali Gaudio – Evening Hymn for the Festival of Apostles in Eastertide.
39. Sanctorum Meritis – Evening Hymn for the Festival of Martyrs.
40. Deus Tuorum Militum – Morning and Evening Hymn for the Festival of Martyrs.
41. Iste Confessor – Festivals of Confessors.
42. Tibi Christe Splendor Patris – Evening Hymn for the Festival of S. Michael and all Angels.
43. Urbs Beata Hierusalem – Evening Hymn for the Dedication of a Church.
44. Angulare Fundamentum – Morning Hymn for the Dedication of a Church.
45. Coelestis Urbs Ierusalem – Evening Hymn for the Dedication of a Church.
46. Dies Irae – In Advent: and after the Burial of the dead, at Holy Communion.
Part II. (1856 edition – 1854 originally)
47. O Quanta Qualia Sunt Illa Sabbata – Saturday Evening Hymn.
48. Post Facta Celsa Conditor – Saturday Evening Hymn.
49. Omnes Una Celebremus – Sunday Morning Hymn.
50. Quando Noctis Medium – Sunday Morning Hymn.
51. En Dies Est Dominica – Sunday Morning Hymn.
52. Hoc Dies Surgens Dominus – Sunday Morning Hymn.
53. Ades, Pater Supreme – Sunday Evening Hymn.
54. Splendor Paternae Gloriae – Monday Morning Hymn.
55. Immense Coeli Conditor – Monday Evening Hymn.
56. Ales Diei Nuncius – Tuesday Morning Hymn.
57. Telluris Ingens Conditor – Tuesday Evening Hymn.
58. Nox, Et Tenebrae, Et Nubila – Wednesday Morning Hymn.
59. Coeli Deus Sanctissime – Wednesday Evening Hymn.
60. Lux Ecce Surgit Aurea – Thursday Morning Hymn.
61. Magnae Deus Potentiae – Thursday Evening Hymn.
62. Eterna Coeli Gloria – Friday Morning Hymn.
63. Plasmator Hominis Deus – Friday Evening Hymn.
64. Aurora Jam Spargit Polum – Saturday Morning Hymn.
65. Veni, Veni Emmanuel – Advent.
66. Corde Natus Ex Parentis – Evening Hymn from the Nativity till Epiphany.
67. Adeste Fideles – Christmas to Epiphany.
68. Agnoscat Omne Saeculum – Christmas Hymn for Prime.
69. Maria Ventre Concipit – Christmas Hymn for the Third Hour.
70. Praesepe Poni Pertulit – Christmas Hymn for Mid-Day
71. Adam Vetus Quod Polluit – Christmas Hymn for the Afternoon.
72. Jesu Dulcis Memoria – Hymn for the Epiphany (and for Aug. 7th, De nomine Iesu).
73. O Amor Quam Extaticus – Hymn for Sundays after Epiphany.
74. Alleluia, Dulce Carmen – Evening Hymn for Septuagesima.
75. Ex More Docti Mystico – Evening Hymn, 1st and 2nd weeks in Lent.
76. Gloria, Laus, Et Honor – Hymn for Palm Sunday.
77. Verbum Supernum Prodiens – Hymn for Maundy Thursday.
78. Cantemus Cuncti Melodum – Easter-Day and seven days after.
79. Salve, Festa Dies – Easter-Day and seven days after.
80. Mane Prima Sabbati – Easter Morning (and July 22).
81. O Filii Et Filiae – Hymn for Easter-Tide.
82. Hymnum Canamus Gloriae – Morning Hymn for Ascension-Day.
83. Jam Christus Astra Acenderat – Evening Hymn for Whit-Sunday and the following week.
84. Veni Sancte Spiritus – Morning Hymn at Whitsuntide.
85. Trinitas, Deitas, Unitas – Morning Hymn for Trinity Sunday.
86. Annue Christe Saeculorum Domine – Evening Hymn on the Festivals of Apostles.
87. Eterna Christi Munera – Evening Hymn for the Festivals of Martyrs.
88. O Beata Beatorum – Morning Hymn for the Festivals of Martyrs.
89. Jesu Redemptor Omnium – The Festivals of Confessors. Morning.
90. Jesu Corona Virginum – The Festivals of Virgins.
91. Haec Rite Mundi Gaudia – For the Festivals of Holy Women.
92. Tuba Domini – Conversion of S. Paul (Correct Latin name should be Paule Doctor Egregie)
93. Quem Terra, Pontus, Aethera – Hymn for the Purification or Annunciation.
94. Laetabundus – Purification or Annunciation.
95. Mittit Ad Virginem – Morning Hymn for the Annunciation.
96. Humani Generis – Morning Hymn for the Annunciation.
97. Praecursor Altus Luminis – S. John the Baptist.
98. O Nata Lux de Lumine – Hymn for the Transfiguration. (Correct Latin name should be Coelestis Formam Gloriae)
99. Celsorum Civium – Morning Hymn for the Festival of S. Michael and All Angels.
100. Superna Matris Gaudia – Evening Hymn for All Saints, or for any particular Saint.
101. Interni Festi Gaudia – Morning Hymn for All Saints, or for any particular Saint.
102. Harum Laudum Praeconia – Morning Hymn for All Saints, or for any particular Saint.
103. Si Quis Valet Numerare – Hymn for All Saints.
104. Jerusalem Luminosa – Hymn for All Saints.
105. Urbs Beata Jerusalem – Hymn at the Resoration of a Church.